Monday 14 November 2011

She Makes It Seem So Simple


Conversation with a five year old:

Annaika:
Why were you on the phone for so long? Who were you talking to?

Me:
My friend Nicole from Bombay. She’s getting married soon.

Annaika:
So she is older than you?

Me:
No she is my age.

Annaika:
So you are also getting married.

Me:
No. No. I’m not getting married.

Annaika:
Why not? You’re OLD!

Me:
I’m not old!

Annaika:
Yes you are!

Me:
And I don’t know anyone to get married to.

Annaika:
You don’t know any girls?

Me:
I know many girls.

Annaika:
So why don’t you marry them?

Me:
Do you know any boys?

Annaika:
Yeah I know many boys. There's Vishal and ……

Me:
So why don’t you marry one of them?

Annaika:
I’m not old enough silly!

Me:
So when you grow up. Who will you marry?

Annaika:
I don’t know. One of them.

Me:
And how will you choose who you’re going to marry?

Annaika:
I’ll do Eenie Meenie Minie Mo, Silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment